TLA's blog

• The Day before the Start!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi there my freinds, Well just back from my final planning appointment before i start my 6 week treatment plan tomorrow. Had a final CT scan with head shield on to see if there were any minor adjustments, everything seem tickety boo, mum n dad came over from York to see me bless them, they cant get their heads round the fact its me their daughter 47 going through this and not them in their 70 s! Luck of the draw i…
  • The Pegs Fitted !

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Morning everyone, Well i have finnally been fitted with my PEG! To say im sore is an understatement! Dont really remember much about the actually op apart from gagging and trying to be sick towards the end when they pulled everything back out my throat, implements etc!!!!! Stayed in hospital overnight wednesday was quite upset really come night time, was in so much pain and i think the enormity of it all hit me…
  • Head Mask

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi there everyone, Well just had my second stage completed of the headshield making today, i must say it was a weird feeling, today was the making of the front part, had to lay down flat my head in the back piece already made then they start binding your face up with warm plaster of paris, leaving out your mouth and nose obviously for breathing, they re not that cruel LOL. It was a nice warm feeling and a bit like …
  • Head Mask for Radiotherapy

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi everyone, Tomorrow im going to have the first of three sessions to make my head shield in readiness for my radiotherapy. I have long hair and dont want to have it cut at the moment, has anyone else undertaken this with long hair???? I am aware i could loose some hair during treatment but i want to wait and see where and how much before i have a restyle! Thank you! Jill
  • Tonsils gone!!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi there everyone, well its day 3 post op feeling a tad better but bloody sore, didnt think it would be this bad, its like a major bout of tonsiltis all over again, well i have all my treatment planned got my letter start radio therapy (30 sessions) and chemo (6 sessions once a week for a 6 hour stint!!!) First i have to have a feed peg fitted to my tummy they say i wont be able to eat normally once this treatment kicks…