TLA's blog

• Turning the Corner ?????

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there all,

Been a while since i blogged but to be quite honest with you havent felt like it and dont know about you but i ve gone off the site since it changed, i prefer the old one, but hey time for change i suppose!

Well im so pleased with myself, been to tesco s to meet a friend for coffee something which i havent done since diagnosis wow!!!!  On with the face and lips and off i went, felt great, walking into tesco…

• Three weeks post Treatment!!!!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello there strangers, its been a long time since i blogged on here but to tell you the truth i didnt have the energy then, not much better now but i thought i just give a little update.

Nearly three weeks since the last treatment of RT and i can say im getting quite impatient,  loads of mucous, thick flemgn which is a chest infection at the mo, spent three weeks in hospital for sickness and just being so ill, am home…

• Half Way Through!!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi to everyone, Well what can i say except its a total nightmare, never in my wildest dreams did i think it would be like this! Dont get me wrong i didnt think it would be a walk in the park but the side effects are just horrendous, i can hardly swallow now, mouth ulcers galore, thick mucous one minute then total dryness of the mouth, Am using my gastro PEG all the time for medication and the fortisips meal replacements…
  • What a difference a day makes !!!!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello there, Well today im different again, been out to lunch, been to tescos bumped into loads of people that dont know im ill and was told "you look well" i cant help but give a cheeky smile when they say that, but it prompts me to tell them my story, mainly cos its to help others and not shy away from this disease, its not compliments i want its just to make people aware that there shouldnt be any stigma attached…
  • ONLY THE FIRST WEEK !

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi there you lovely people, Well what can i say i ve had the most terrible week and its only week one, five more to go! Chemo started off Tuesday a five hour stint then radio, felt ok that day and wednesday but omg through the night wednesday sickness came and boy did it, i could stop being sick and borking all day, had to get up early for hospital thursday for radio but dont know how i managed to crawl out of bed,…