Terminal Cancer, Through a daughter's eyes

• Day after confirmed diagnosis

FormerMember
    FormerMember

6th June 2013

Today was a strange day. I went to visit Mum at Dawns like I do everyday and found this woman who was normally kind and gentle being an absolute cow barking orders ant my sister and I and our husbands, giving dirty looks and generally being pushy. I know what she is facing is beyond my comprehension and the fact no ones allowed to talk about it doesnt help. My sister and I have to go out of the room to…

• The phone call.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

5th June 2013

The phone call we had all been waiting for finally came today.

My sister answered the call from the consultant who sid the results are back and we need to make an appointment for friday to see him. As none of us could wait until then my sister asked him a few questions, 

Can you offer any treatment

What cancer is the primary one

How long does he think mum has left with treatment.

The answers were

• Our weekend.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

1st june 2013

The weekend was a lovely one. My Mums brothers and sisters came to see her. My Mum is staying with my sister at present as she has the room to make a bedroom downstairs so she cooked a lovely dinner for us all. Mum was laughing for the first time in nearly two week as we all sat in dawns garden basking in the glorious sunshine that had decided to show up just for mum.

My aunties and uncles were asking…

• Mums coming home

FormerMember
    FormerMember

31st may 2013

Todays visit was a little happier, knowing shes coming home has made a massive difference to mums mood. I get my orders to pack everything up ready (this was at 08.30 lol)

Mum got more and more aggitated as the time rolled by with no sign of going for the ultrasound or spirometry then at 16.30hrs mum gets wheeled down for her scan. we are dreading what they may find but great news that area is clear from…

• The day of the Bronchoscopy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

30th May 2013

Today is the day of the bronchoscopy. we are all nervous and my sister and I arent doing a split shift today ,we have both been there since early morning to support Mum.Mum was nil be mouth today and was gasping for her morning cuppa tea. Also it was the day when she decided she had the munchies. typical the first 4 days after admittance she woudnt eat now shes not allowed to she wants to. :)

We sit waiting…