Debs_P's blog

• Debs Daily Deliberations 252

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well hello blogee's,

I don't blog too often now and there are many reasons for that.  The biggest is that its hard to maintain a jetset lifestyle when you're no longer working.  So I have to just enthrall you on my occassional days out.  It would seem that I have actually turned into *whispers the dreaded word* housewife!!!!!  I was so not born to be one, I hate cleaning, dusting, vacuuming and ironing.  The only…

• Debs Daily Deliberations 251 - Thames Festival

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello blogee's (not sure its a word, but if people who write them are bloggers, what are the readers?),

Last Sunday, September 12th I travelled to London for the second year running to enjoy the Thames Festival.  Big difference this year........last year we went inbetween chemo rounds and recently finishing radiotherapy.  I was half bald and bloated from steroids and amazed I managed to walk from Embankment to Tower…

• Debs Daily Deliberations 250

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Results.................

The fact my onc popped her head out of the door and said "I haven't seen you for a while, my registrar isn't here yet but make sure I see you"... filled me with dread I replied with "as long as its not for bad news?" ........ "no" she said "everything is fine, I just feel like I haven't seen you for ages".

Well thank goodness I dressed for…

• Our Special Friend Indie Chick

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have been texting poor Sarah as usual lately with my amazing sense of humour and wit.....ok I've just been pestering her and telling her how much we love & miss her and how she better still be swimming.  I did not enjoy having to tell her about the loss of our dear Jools.

I've heard from Sarah's Aunty Julie today via text and our Indie Chick is getting pretty poorly (read into that what you will)........so she…

• Debs Daily Deliberations 249

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well nothing is ever straightforward anymore..after my MRI I noticed my hand was a bit swollen and put this down to me being such a sensitive soul who doesn't like being poked and prodded and had swollen out of protest.  Not so!

Come Sunday evening and I still can't make a fist or see my knuckles and now my lower forearm was quite tender and warm.  So off to the NHS Walk In Centre we go.  I am sorry I admit it,…