Debs Daily Deliberations 251 - Thames Festival

1 minute read time.

Hello blogee's (not sure its a word, but if people who write them are bloggers, what are the readers?),

Last Sunday, September 12th I travelled to London for the second year running to enjoy the Thames Festival.  Big difference this year........last year we went inbetween chemo rounds and recently finishing radiotherapy.  I was half bald and bloated from steroids and amazed I managed to walk from Embankment to Tower Bridge twice over during the course of the afternoon & evening. 

They had an area for dancing with 40's & 50's music and a lot of those sitting around having picnics and generally a good time, made the effort to dress in the style of the times.  These ladies were eating lunch but kindly allowed me to take their picture.

This was in the eco area, a sculpture made of plastic bottles......looked kinda pretty to me!

As darkness fell the carnival started, it was loud and colourful and great fun to watch.

To close the weekends festivities they launched fireworks from barges on the Thames.

Last year was great on the Saturday enjoying the "feast on the bridge" and this year was equally fab, spending time with my hubby, little sister Diane and her partner Les and not forgetting my beautiful niece Ella.

Me and the long suffering Tony!!!!!!!

Anonymous