bigsisterx2's blog

• Bigsisters Littlesister - stressed.

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Oh dear, It's taken me a week to get the strength to write this, and I can feel the tears well up as I do. And I dont know why I feel I couldnt write this... I just didnt want to admit defeat. I've had to take a week off work due to stress. As some of you may have read my last blog I had a panic attack last week, I then had a lovely weekend off, and went to work monday and tuesday. Well on Monday afternoon I was acting…
  • Bigsisters Littlesister: Life is a Rollercoaster...

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Haven't blogged in 6 days!! A few reasons, some good some bad. Last Friday we went to Thorpe Park - It's only about 20 mins form our place. We got annual passes so we can pop over for the afternoon whenever we fancy it and don't have to feel we have to stay all day to 'get our moneys worth'. Had a really nice day, we went with lots of friends, and friends of friends, but I took 1 friend who I haven't seen in about 2…
  • Bigsisters Littlsister - Tell the Truth?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Yesterday sister had a bit of sickness, so they have upped the anti-nausea dose. No sickness today - also no radiotherapy when its the weekend. It seems on closer inspection the reason for the discomfort during the treatment is because the mask is too tight, so they might cut a hole in it. Just been alking to mum. On friday a lady who sister has seen daily at radiotherapy, who is also undergoing treatment, finished…
  • Bigsisters Littlesister - Burn?Help pls...

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Quick one today.... Mums actually asked me to blog this one: Sister has had 6/30 radiotherapy treatments to the head. In the last 2 treatments she has got a red patch on the forehead which is stingy. She isn't having radiotherapy to the forehead - the beams don't go through the front, they are both sides and from the top. The redness is temporary, lasting 30 mins ish. Sister says the stinging only starts when they change…
  • Bigsisters Littlesister - Blood Tests/Wigs?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello! So, sis has not been to school today. Chemo and Radiotherapy as usual this morning which all went swimmingly. Mum even managed to get a car parking space in the radiotherapy car park for once! Then there were blood tests, I guess to see what effect the Chemo has had so far (6 days). Results were as follows: white blood cells down from 6.8 to 4.5 (normal is 4-10) neutrophils down from 3 to 1.8 (normal is 2-6)…