bigsisterx2's blog

• Bigsisters Littlesister - Hair???!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Littlesister has just been on MSN to me.... She and mum think there is a light covering of prickles on her baldy head!!! Potentially growing a little hair!! Already!! - Amazing!!!!, and exciting!! Everybody please fingers crossed it grows nicely! In other news we are on day 2 of week 1 of chemotherapy, and all good. She's a little down due to minor issues, but nothing serious really - sometimes the minor irritations…
  • Bigsisters Littlesister - Dance Dance Dance!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello!! Well, I've not updated in a long time.... oops! So, last Sunday was Dance-Show day.... and I AM SO PROUD!!!! Littlesister danced 5 dances over a 2 hour show in the afternoon sunday 19th, and 6 dances in the evening performance. Yes, she got a bit tired, but did she keep dancing... yes she did! And she danced so so beautifully, and she looked gorgeous, and she was so happy, and I AM SO PROUD! She loves Irish…
  • Bigsisters Littlesister - No more radiotherapy

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well... It's been a while hasn't it! Been busy, not sure what I've been busy doing but hey! Sister finished RT last wednesday. We went to celebrate in Nando's. Had a nice lunch with sis, then had a look round the shops for a bit. Then we went home for a cup of tea and we spent some time doing a jigsaw with her. Since then not much has really happened. She seems to have recurrent cystitis - but whenever they do the…
  • Bigsisters Littlesister: highlights?!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello all! Went to see Littlesis yesterday. Mum hadn't told her I was coming just incase, but I arrived in time for lunch! She's doing SO SO well, I am very proud. The Radiotherapy treatment has started taking its toll on her. Shes very sleepy and lethargic now. She sort of flops from one chair to the next, whereas she used to jump about and do little dances while choosing what crisps to have. She's not sad though…
  • Bigsisters Littlesister - back to work.

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello, Well, I went back to work this afternoon. I decided not to go back to my GP this morning as I had nothing to report to her! At the moment I don't feel I need medication, I'm still thinking about official counselling, and have bought a book on CBT (cognitive behavioural psychotherapy) to see how I get on with that - I'm not against counselling... I'll do it as and when I'm ready for it (feel the same about meds…