The mighty hike

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 2 subscribers

Hi ya. 

Im looking at doing the mighty hike challenge. Can I ask do you have to be extremely fit for this or is there a variety of fitness levels. I love walking but I always worry I will be the last one through the gate. 

Kind regards. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

My name is Jess and I work in the Online Community team, I hope you don't mind me popping on here but I noticed your question and thought I could point you in the right direction.

You can find lots of information here about the Mighty Hikes Events and frequently asked questions.

You don't have to be extremely fit to be part of the event, throughout the walks there are regular check points to rest and take a breather with some light snacks and drinks that will be provided. 

If you would like more information about the event and how best to prepare, you can call our fundraising team on 0300 1000 200, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Like any event, there's no rush to the finish line and the most important thing to remember is the passion you have for walking and the reasons why your taking part.

Best of luck,

Jess

Online Community Team

• Hi

That's great that you want to raise money by doing one of the Mighty Hike Challenges. If you click on the link I've created it will take you to Macmillan's page with details of the various events around the country.

I've clicked on a couple of them and they were both 26 miles long so I guess you'll know if that's the sort of distance you can comfortably walk in a day. If you'd like a bit more information then give the Supporter Care Hub a call on 0300 100 0200. It's available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

I hope you have a great time!

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Afternoon wonder if anyone can help 

I am wanting to do the Jurassic hike with 4 of my friends to thank everyone who supported me through my recovery from neck and mouth cancer. 

Unfortunately the event is sold out 

is there any teams that need or have room for more members? 

Regards 

mark 

• Hi Mark

I'm really glad that you've recovered from neck and mouth cancer and it's great that you want to take part in the Jurassic Hike.

If you click on this link it'll take you to the Jurassic Hike page where if you select 'sign up now' you will be put on the waiting list.

I hope you manage to get a place and have a great day.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"