Reoccurring womb cancer

• 23 replies
  • 73 subscribers

I was diagnosed with uterine cancer October 2022 and had a radical hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. I had 2 tumours stage 1a & 1b but was told it was a curative op with a low chance of reoccurrence.  About 6 weeks ago I had some vaginal bleeding which has been intermittent, I have had pain that is becoming more persistent just inside my left hip. 

I contacted my oncology team and had a MRI scan last Wednesday, on Monday they called to say that the results had come back and I was to come to the hospital today. So as you can guess, I'm expecting the worst news today. I've been silently stalking this group for people's accounts of symptoms and treatment journeys. Today I'm joining in, so worst case or not, my story will be here for the women who are yet to come, and are searching for information will see. 

Update, I have a 3cm tumour at the top of my vault, had some biopsies yesterday but bled profusely and Dr not sure if I will need biopsies under general. Also referred for PET-CT to see if it's spread outside my pelvis and review results in 2 weeks.

• Hello 

I'm so sorry to hear this news for you. All of us have such different journeys and experiences. Thank you for sharing yours, I think you are brave to share your experience and symptoms today.

I am 4 weeks post 27 pelvic radiotherapy sessions as part of adjunct therapy as I had some LVSI after my op. I know that this treatment was to reduce any chance of recurrence but I also know that it is not guaranteed.

I wish you well as your team get a plan of treatment together for you. I will be thinking of you.

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read of the recurrence of your cancer. My story is kind of similar but without a gap. My profile is on if you would like to read. Just click on my username. It is a good idea to write a profile yourself as it helps others in their replies to you and it saves you repeating yourself. Just click on your own username then profile and save when you've written it. I am currently stable after treatment and have been since September 2022. 

Let us know how you get on after your PET CT. Best wishes for your results.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Thanks  I've put something in my profile. Thanks for taking the time to respond 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lee75, 

Really sorry to hear about your reoccurrence and I echo KT89's commnets. Good luck with your treatment. I clicked on your name to read your profile but it was blank.xx

• Hi Lee75, I can’t see anything in your profile either - did you click on Save? 

• I've tried again, fingers crossed I've saved it this time 

• Hi Lee75

I am sorry to hear that you have had a recurrence in your vaginal vault. I hope that you do not have to wait too long for you scan and that the results show it is a localized recurrence. Hope that you will get a treatment plan soon.

In the meantime if there is anything you need, you know where we are

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• He Lee75, yes it’s there now! Thinking of you as you wait for your scan. 

• Hi Lee75, sorry to hear you have had a recurrence of your endometrial cancer. It must be both frustrating and disappointing for you as you were early stage. Waiting for test results can be,stressful so hopefully these will all be concluded fairly quickly so that a treatment plan can be put together.  Keep us updated on your progress  x

• How was your radiotherapy? I'm expecting this as a treatment option and will accept it. 27 wow that sounds hard going, how are you feeling? 

Sorry to ask but what is LVSI?