Hi everyone

• 2 replies
  • 84 subscribers

I have  stage 1A , grade 3 cancer . I'm due for my op 17th January.  I'm feeling  good about  everything  after oncology and  and Macmillian  nurse  explained  about everything that has happened  and  what will happen.  Still scared but positive. 

• Hi Tinadawnh, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It's understandable that you're scared but good that you're feeling positive. I was diagnosed with stage 1a grade 3 serous endometrial cancer in July 2022. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in early October followed by brachytherapy - a form of internal radiotherapy - in December. Since then my follow-up reviews and scans have indicated 'no evidence of disease'. It's good that you haven't got too long to wait for your operation, less time to think about it! I'd never had major surgery so was a bit anxious about the op. In the event, it went well and I had very little pain afterwards, just felt a little uncomfortable. There are quite a few ladies on this forum who've had the same diagnosis as you so I'm sure they will respond with their experiences. Hope all goes well with your operation. x

• Positivity is an incredibly powerful tool. Revolving hearts