Severe muscle pain 2 weeks after hysterectomy

• 2 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hello there, 

I don't post on here often, but would love to hear from anyone who has had similar physical issues and if so, was there a solution ?

I had a hysterectomy a month ago, after battling with endometrial cancer. The surgery went well and I have not had much pelvic pain. 

However, 2 weeks after the surgery I began getting extreme muscle pain all over my body. It hurts to walk, sit up, get dressed, lift small items. 

The pain is surprisingly not from the pelvis, but it is in my legs, back, arms, hands and feet, ankles. 

It feels like that pain you get after going to the gym, but I have not done any exercise or anything to cause this pain. 

Has anyone else had similar issues? I just wondered if it is an after-effect from the hysterectomy. 

Thanks and best wishes

L x

• I don't know any answers (as my surgery is on Monday), but that doesn't sound right and I would think you would be wise to seek medical advice. Were you maybe given a number to be able to ring the ward where you had the surgery? 

I really hope you get some support. X

• Hello Lollie01

I am glad that your surgery went well. I did have a bit of stiffness and achiness after my hysterectomy, particularly when I over did things. However this does not sound like what you are experiencing.

You need to give your hospital or even GP a call tomorrow and ask to be assessed. It could be nothing and hopefully they will be able to reassure you but this doesn't sound quite right. Please give them a call and let us know how you get on. 

There should be a number on your discharge paperwork but if there isn't call your GP and take it from there. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm