Just diagnosed

• 3 replies
  • 84 subscribers

Hi

I got diagnosed on 7th July 

I had the camera and biopsy smear should had coil and polops removed under GA . They couldn't remove the fibroid as it's in the muscle turns out she had seen abnormal cells on camera and biopsy I got called to the hospital 2 weeks after the procedure to be told grade 2 endronential cancer so got MRI 2moro then waiting for 1st app to see surgeon they are discussing me at MDT meeting she did say total or radical hysterectomy probably open abdominal then straight in to menopause I'm dreading that bit said be a matter of weeks 

• Hello Sjgw

I am sorry to see that you have been diagnosed with a grade 2 endometrial cancer. I understand how scary it can be to hear the words. It is normal to have a scan after a diagnosis and it helps the consultants see exactly where the cancer is and helps them make the treatment decisions. 

Hopefully it will be only a few days to wait until you get to see your surgeon. In my case things moved quite quickly once the diagnosis and all the tests were done. I saw my surgeon for the first time on a Friday lunchtime, had all my pre op tests done in the afternoon and had my hysterectomy done on the Monday am. By Tuesday lunchtime I was back home to recover.

There are a lot of lovely ladies on this forum who will understand how you are feeling as we have all been there ourselves. If there is anything you want to ask, please do so.

As I know it can be tempting to google to get information I will pop a link to some Macmillan info that I found helpful when I was at the stage you are.

Womb cancer booklet | Macmillan Cancer Support

I hope that your MRI goes well tomorrow. Please let us know how you get on.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• They did the MRI but didn't use contrast even tho consultant said hoping I don't need it redone because of that has anyone else list weight with out trying 

• I had allergic reaction to the CT contrast on my first scan- the second scan was done without contrast and there didn't seem to be a problem with that. The consultant said the contrast can just make things a bit clearer so without it they look a little more.

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm