Hello. Again.

• 2 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Nearly four years ago I was diagnosed with Grade 2 stage 1B womb cancer.  I had surgery followed by three brachtherapy sessions.  All seem well until I started to get anal pain and bleeding.  Turned out the brachy caused some severe radiation proctitis and unbeknown to anyone there was a reccurent polyp right in the middle.  So I subsequently had some TEMS surgery done to removed the polyp and which I have just been told has come back, again.

Tonight on cleaning myself I noted some bleeding.  I suspect from the vagina.  I'm terrifed the cancer is back and has spread.

I will of course contact  my gynaecologist asap but wondered if anyone out there has had similar experience(s) either with the associated anal issues, or without.

Thanks

• Hello MugginsToo

I am sorry that you have had some bleeding and that this is making you concerned that the cancer has returned. You are doing the right thing in contacting your gynaecologist/or doctor as any bleeding needs to be checked out, wherever it is coming from.

However you have said that you have had severe radiation proctitis and TEMS surgery to remove a polyp so it may well be to do with that?

I think that once you have been through any cancer journey, that any symptom makes you panic that the cancer has returned. I certainly worry a lot myself and every twinge or ache I think it is back.

The bleeding may be connected to your previous cancer but it may well not be. The only way to find out for definite is to get checked and then get some treatment, whatever may be the cause turns out to be.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on. Good luck

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you Jane.  Things seem to have converged, so maybe either the Gynacologist or the Gastroenterologist can see me.