Endometrial cancer

• 3 replies
  • 84 subscribers

Hi I am new on here I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer on the 8th of February. I have had a full hysterectomy and I am going to be starting brachytherapy on the 14th of April I just wondered if anyone has had brachytherapy and what the side affects are.

• Hi Bubbley, well done for having had your op and emerging the other side! I had 25 sessions of radio last April and May, and also had 2 sessions of brachy. It was honestly a breeze - do you know how many sessions you’re having? If you look under the Diagnosis & Treatment sub forum on here you will find a dedicated Radiotherapy and Brachytherapy pinned thread and will find some posts in there. I didn’t really have any notable side effects from my brachy. 

• Hi marmitefan59 

Yes I have to have 4 sessions starting the 14th of april-25th of April two sessions a week over two weeks. Didn't you even feel tired they told me I would feel tired but nothing else. Thank you for your reply marmitefan59

• Hi Bubbley, I’d already had most of my radiotherapy sessions when I started my brachy. I didn’t feel tired from the radio and didn’t feel tired either after the brachy.