Another Recurrent UPSC (Uterine Paplillary Serous Carcinoma)

• 1 reply
  • 84 subscribers

Hello everyone

Not so happy to be back here to be honest, but I know it's the best place for support.

I was diagnosed in 2018 with Serous and had radical hysterectomy and removal of omentum and 23 lymph nodes. I was totally clear following surgery and after a couple more scans it was decided I didn't need chemo or radiation. I have been cancer free for 4 years and then this September, experienced some worrying abdominal pains. I brought my regular appointment forward (had just moved to 6-months from 3-months). A CT scan showed recurrence with some nodularity in the pelnic area and so am now being referred for a chest scan to see if there is any spread to the lungs. 

I am gutted - I thought 4 years was long enough for me to start feelng safe. I am referred for Chemotherapy to start immediately after Christmas. Carbo-taxel combo of course.

So, has anyone else gone through this? I feel like I have to garner all my strength for a new jounrey when I had thought it was all behind me. 

TIA

• Hi Greenclifflady,

I'm sorry you are back here again but welcome to the group. I was diagnosed in January, it was thought to be 1a but found to be aggressive and by April I was stage 4. I have had 2 ops, radio and chemo - carbo taxel, which finished in Sept. I have been told to expect it to return. It's great that you have had 4 years cancer free but I've been told that Grade 3 cancers have a greater risk of recurrence. Did the medical team advise you of this? Good luck with your treatment, there is a chemotherapy thread on here if you need it.

A x