Serous carcinoma , hi I'm new

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 85 subscribers
  • Hi, I'm newly diagnosed, 4 weeks ago with high grade serous carcinoma, 6 days post op, waiting for staging and next steps
  • Hello Reimo 

Sorry you find yourself here but you've definitely come over to the right place as there's lots of lovely ladies who unfortunately are in the same situation but are more than happy to welcome you and help you along the way. I, like yourself have had high grade Serous. Please click on my username if you like and read my bio for my story so far. I am now on three monthly checks and have a CT scan tomorrow and more blood tests to keep me in check. I can tell you that's it's very scary at first and my thought was ' When am I going to die'? But reading other ladies experiences on this site I have learned that it's NOT always so dire. I'm sure some other members who have had Serous diagnosis will come along soon but do ask away anything that you think of and we'll try to help. Take care and try be positive x

Madesp 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Madesp

Thank you so much, I will update my circumstances but not ready yet 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sorry pressed wrong button, not used to this forum yet! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

And again! You have been through so much I am yet to find out what happens next but just very aware that ours is high grade with a high chance of returning. As soon as I'm well enough I just want to travel . Good luck xx

• Hi Reimo, welcome to the group. I’ve got the same as you, but not had my op yet because I had an unrelated breast tumour at the same time.  Now I’ve had a mastectomy (2 weeks tomorrow) I’ll be having a hysterectomy asap. They did the boob first as it’s a quick recovery, but can’t wait to get the hysterectomy out of the way. Please let us know how you get on, lots of hugs x

• That's the spirit! 

There's lots of ladies who have had Serous and had treatments and have gone past five year mark. Is is possible to be cured if caught early and this is what we must focus on. 

Keep in touch we can help each other. X

Madesp 
  • I do admire your courage and spirit so much to deal with but you are an inspiration. Hope all goes well for you xx

Madesp 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Fridgelicker

O dear, sorry you really been through the nill I'm recovering well, waiting for next stepsPray

• Hi Reimo,

Welcome to the group. Hope you are recovering well from your surgery. I don't have serous but mine is high grade and rare, it has foxed the team at every turn apparently.

Please click on my username for my profile. I have had treatment and am now on 3 monthly review with CT at 6 months if I remain well. It has been a long road but I've gotten here and you will too.

Good luck for your staging, let us know how you get on.

A x

• Hi Reimo

I'm sorry that you find yourself here with us but you have come to the right place to get support and advice from the lovely ladies on this site. 

I was diagnosed with the same as you in Feb this year and have just finished my treatment and rang the bell to signify the end of a chapter.

I'm trying not to think about it coming back, I was told by my Oncologist what the odds of it returning are and these are a alot better than I had imagined or read on Dr Google. 

I'm in a really good headspace at the moment and I keep saying to myself that I'm going to be one the ones that it doesn't return. I'm going to live my life to the full.

Take it easy and listen to your body while your healing. I hope your histology results come through quickly and your treatment plan is put in place. Please feel free to ask any questions, I'm happy to support and advise if I can.

Big hugs Robin. xx