Endometriod adenocarcinoma by letter today

• 3 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hello,

Just got told in two very brief paragraphs I have the above - but can anyone tell me what Grade 2 means? Am due for MRI/CT scan and chest x-ray? this Thursday, with the gyno doc saying bye-bye whole kit (hysterectomy) (he rang today to see if I had the letter - had literally just absorbed it (or maybe not) , but don't know what's to happen as obviously just been handed onto the Cancer doc.

Any info. welcomed. I am 55, menopausal for good 10/15 years after early/mid forties meno. Not on anything at mo but did use patches briefly some years bac.

Thanks xxxx

• Hi RabbitIceCream, welcome to the group and to the emotional roller coaster ride on which we have found ourselves! The grade basically refers to the type of cells and how quickly it’s likely to grow. The Macmillan link on this is helpful https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/womb-cancer/womb-cancer-stages

The MRI/CT and chest X ray is to check for any spread and to give an initial predicted staging (which may remain the same after post hysterectomy histology or may be revised). The next step after that is to have a pre op assessment, and then your op itself. Click on my name if you’d like to read my story.

• Hi rabbiticecream,

Have to say, it's a bit blunt to be informed by letter. A warm welcome to the group, the lovely ladies on here have lots of experience and are excellent support. The Macmillan booklet that marmite has linked for you has all the answers to your questions. Keep your phone on you as at the beginning as you will have people ringing you with apts.

A x

• I too was informed in a roundabout way by letter ie read between the lines. This arrived the day before I met the consultant to be told formally.