Diagnosed 1 month ago

• 4 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Hi everyone, the last four weeks have been a blur being confirmed with stage 1a endometrial cancer and having a complete hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oopohoectomy in a weeks time.  I have read previous posts and so encouraged with the support that is available here.

• Hi Cancerdiagnosis

I was in the exact same position as you a month ago. I’m now 4 weeks post op and all going well. I wanted to assure you that the worry of the operation is worse than the operation……..in my experiencBlush You will need to do as you are told with recovery but believe me when I tell you there is light in the other side! Hope it all goes well for you. BlushBlush

• Hi cornishlass,

Thanks for the kind words, glad all has gone well for you yo date and that you have a speedy recovery Slight smileBlush

• Hi and welcome to the group! I was diagnosed November 21 with predicted grade 1 stage 1a and had my laparoscopic hysterectomy in January 2022 after which I was restaged to stage 2 and had radiotherapy and brachytherapy,. I imagine you may feel a bit she’ll-shocked with your op happening so quickly and it may take a while to let it all settle. There’s a very useful thread on what to pack for your hospital stay, and I’ll post the link for you separately. If you have any questions please do ask away! 

• Hi CD22

Welcome to our little community. This journey often begins at a whirlwind type speed and is usually similar for everyone,  scans, biopsy histology results always waiting for the next stage. I'm 6 weeks post Op and doing OK, no question is a daft question so ask anything that is on your mind the ladies on here have pretty much covered all scenarios and are very supportive x