Hi i`m new here

• 5 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hi all I am new here and have just been diagnosed with womb cancer

• Hi I was also diagnosed with womb cancer last week and are awaiting a date for an MRI....I'm in a constant state of anxiety. Did they say whether you required an MRI and how long you would need to wait ?

• Hi  and a warm welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. Here you'll find a lovely group of supportive ladies who have all been exactly where you find yourself now. Any cancer diagnosis brings all sorts of stress and fears and if anyone can hold your hand and reassure you we will as you’re not alone in this. We're all at the start, in the middle or the end of what can only be described as an emotional roller-coaster ride. 

Things have definitely speeded up since my diagnosis back in 2020 in the middle of the pandemic and ladies here are going from tests to surgery within a short matter of weeks

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and how you came to find yourself here. Why not take a few moments to update your profile. It's always helpful for us to read if we want to ask you questions and you also won't end up repeating yourself. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) . You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for when you have surgery.

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Adny178.  Welcome to our group. Sorry to hear you have just started on your journey, you’ve also been joined by Ejax.  You have both come to the right place, you will get all the best advice from the lovely ladies on here who have been where you are today.   
      I am 2 weeks post op but there are ladies at all stages of the journey who will help and advice you.   I wouldn’t have got through it without their help. I was calm going into the op because I felt I knew what was going to happen and I didn’t worry about anything.  Don’t be afraid to ask anything, we all get anxious about the unknown but you will definitely be enlightened about everything you may have worries about. 
      I can’t thank the ladies on here enough as they got me through it without being afraid.  

• Ask away and someone will be here to help you.  Good luck with your journey and stay strong.  Big hugs.  Maureen xx
  • Hi adnyl78,I got diagnosed with womb cancer 7th April and had surgery 17th May,I’m one week post op and feeling great. I live in Scotland so we don’t have the two week pathway but once my cancer was diagnosed everything moved very quickly. I get the results from my surgery 2nd June. I was a nervous wreck when I first got diagnosed and if it wasn’t for this site I don’t know what I would have done. I found waiting on results the worse. No point in saying don’t worry because you will but hope all goes well for you.

Jean xxx

• Hello    you are both at the right place to get support. It’s very normal feeling anxious and worried at this time it’s the not knowing what’s coming but feel assured there are people here who were at exactly where you are - ask questions, have a rant or just browse in the background but whatever you do don’t Google - I did and frightened myself but felt much more reassured when I found this forum. Take each day as it comes I’m nearly 7 weeks post hysterectomy and will be starting Chemoradiation in 2 weeks but it seems just last week I was at the beginning of my journey. 

Chrissie xx