Hello

• 7 replies
  • 88 subscribers

Just wanted to say hello, I got my diagnosis just over a week ago and have my MRI tomorrow morning so seem to be moving at pace which I appreciate. Don't quite know how I feel but taking it one day at a time and trying to keep positive.

• Hi Maria. Welcome to the chats, you will get lots of help and encouragement from the ladies on here. I have been so thankful that the lovely ladies on here have been there for me when Ive had down days.    I know its tempting to go  Dr Google but you’ll get better help on here,  the ladies are at all stages of our journey and they know the truth  

I am just a little bit further on than you, I've had all the test and Im waiting for a date of my op   The waiting is awful but we get there in the end 

Any questions you have just ask away and someone will get back to you.  

Take care and look after yourself   Xx

• Thank you so much, I did the Dr Google before my hysteroscopy and that was not a good idea!!! so I am staying clear of that.

xx

• HI Maria, bless you and welcome to the roller coaster ride! I still remember the day when I was with my diagnosis (November) so I feel for you. How are you feeling about the MRI? Have you had one before?

• Hi, no never had an MRI before but my mum has so she talked me through it and whilst I am still a bit nervous about it, I am glad that there are all these tests that can be done before they do the hysterectomy. I am more worried that they may find out that the cancer has gotten into the muscle or spread outside the womb but need to try and stay positive xx

• Had my MRI just over a week ago, nothing to fear or worry about, just try and relax. I am now waiting for a PET CT scan. Like you I am trying to keep positive 

• I hope it all goes well xx

• Hi  and a warm welcome to our group in the Online Community. It's hard when we receive a diagnosis of cancer but helpful when things are moving quickly. Hope your MRI goes well and you get the results swiftly.

We can call empathise with that feeling of numb disbelief you probably have at the moment but you're right, take it one day at a time and stay positive. we're all here for you so you're not alone in this. If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant..

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for when you have surgery.

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett