New Here

• 2 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Hi, I’m new to this forum. I was diagnosed with womb cancer in January, had a total hysterectomy in February and am waiting to start chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Bit nervous about this treatment, but you’ve just got to get on with it.

• hi  and a warm welcome to our corner of the Online Community. I hope you've recovered well from your op and taken it easy for the last few weeks.

You'll find a lovely group of supportive ladies here who have all been exactly where you find yourself now and we're here to help you, you're not alone.  Just fire away any questions and someone will e able to answer.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Barb, thank you for such a warm welcome. Everything at the moment is a bit overwhelming and has been moving quickly. I’m recovering well from the operation and I’m just waiting to hear from the oncologist about the next steps, although I have been told it’s chemo and radiotherapy. I will definitely download that information, anything that helps. Once again thanks. Karen