• 12 replies
  • 88 subscribers

Hi I'm a new member.  Just saying Hello.  I am recovering from lymph node dissection surgery, which happened last Friday (25/03).

• Hello Sistermoon 

Hope yr recovery goes well I am going through chemo for stage 4b womb cancer found out last December that it had spread after CT scan my story is on here will be having my 5th a week on Monday so can see a light at the end of the tunnel there are some lovely ladies on here anything you want to know or just chat Yr in the right place

kind regards Mo 

• hi Mo, many thanks for your reply.  Hope you are doing ok with the chemo.

• Hi sistermoon, welcome to the group. Bless you having gone through two lots of surgery. Hope you get your MRI appointment through soon - the waiting is very difficult isn’t it. 

• hi Marmite Fan59, thank you for your reply.. 2 weeks after the hysterectomy I got the news that it wasn't gone and more surgery planned.  Felt like I wasn't recovering, I was getting ready.  Definitely the waiting is difficult, just want to get on with things. Hope all goes well with your radio treatment.

• Hi Sistermoon, Welcome to the group, I'am sure that you will find it as invaluable as i have since joining recently.

Iam so sorry to hear that you had to have 2 operations, that must of come as a shock.

I hope your MRI appointment comes through soon.

Best regards Robin x

• Hello 

This is a great forum full of support and hugs, hope your recovery is going well - I’m in for abdominal radical hysterectomy plus potential bowel resection next week, reading everyone’s thoughts and experiences has given me strength and I’m sure you will find the same - there’s always someone listening x

• hi Mrsceedee

Thank you very much for your reply, I'm looking forward to having some chat and support from people going through the same thing.  I hope all goes well with your surgery next week, take care x

• hi Robin

Thank you very much for your reply and warm welcome.  I just sort of took it as standard that most people have more than one op but ?maybe not.  I'm here to find out!  It was a shock to find out it had transformed to high grade, not really heard of that before.

Just read your profile, it seems to have been a long process for you to get a surgery date.  I hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery, take care x

• Hello sistermoon  sorry you've had to join this club....the club nobody wants to be part of but gets so much support when you join. I had totally hysterectomy Jan 2022 with lymph nodes removal and omentectomy. 

I was diagnosed with stage 1a Grade 3 serous cancer of the  uterus. I am currently having 6 session chemotherapy and will then have 3 sessions brachytherapy.  There are many ladies on this forum that are in the same situation or high grade cancer and will offer their help. I am happy to answer any questions you may have . We understand when friends and family don't, at least this is what I found.  

I wish you a speedy recovery please letvus know how you get on. Xx

Madesp 
  • Hi mad, many thanks for your reply. I am 1 week post op and feeling ok. Read your profile, looks like your outcome will be good. Hope you are managing ok on the chemo. I'll let everyone know once I have some news.

Thanks again xx