Need of help and a advice from a scared mummy of two

• 3 replies
  • 87 subscribers

Hi everyone I hope this is ok to post I’m in need of help and advice
I have bled from the 26th of December to the 10th of February and the started bleeding again the 27th of February until now so almost another month so I had almost a 2 week break before it all started again. I have Polycystic Ovaries. I’ve been getting bloating occasionally pelvic pain and pressure and just pains in general. Back pain and a weird one pains and aches in my legs and especially my knees. I turn 29 this July have had two children one natural one emergency c section.
I’ve had a colposcopy done but the doctor who did it told me my bleeding sounds like it’s coming from uterus/womb whichever and would need a laparoscopy or another one that begins with an E can’t remember the name. They only thing she did see is that the cells that normally grow on the inside of my cervix are growing on the outside and said that wouldn’t be cancerous and can have them frozen off. And that can cause bleeding after sex however wouldn’t cause the bleeding I’ve been experiencing for almost three months straight.
Any advice would be lovely does anyone think I could have cancer I have another appointment on Thursday to hopefully get referred back to have a laparoscopy done.
Thanks I’m advance for taking the time to read this very long post.

• Hi there Abbie,  welcome to our forum and I hope your children are treating you right on Mothers Day.

What a worrying time you are having. Sometimes our lady bits give us nothing but trouble don’t they! None of us here are medically qualified so we can’t really help with the cause of the bleeding. But obviously something has gone wrong so you are doing the best thing in getting it investigated. All of us here will tell you you waiting for a diagnosis ( of whatever kind) is the pits, as our brains go into overdrive thinking “what if….”.

From what I’ve read here from other ladies you may need to keep pressing for help and don’t be brushed off. We know our own bodies and when something isn’t right. So, not much info from me, but I hope you get some answers soon.

Viv xx

• Hi Abbie and welcome.

The cells which grow on the outside of the cervix but are glandular cells which normally grow on the inside is a condition called cervical ectropion and is not connected with cancer. It can cause bleeding however. 

Definitely seems like you need further investigations-the laparoscopy or maybe an EUA which is an examination under anaesthetic. Unfortunately no-one here can say what might be causing your bleeding, but hopefully you will get referred after your appointment and get some answers soon. It’s always a very worrying time when we don’t know what is causing symptoms, but try not to assume anything just yet until you know more. Just take things a day at a time if you can. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi  Welcome to the group. Oh what a dreadful time you're having. We all know the fears that a possibility of a cancer diagnosis can cause, we've all been there so you're not alone , we're here to support you.

As the other ladies have said once you have your consultation on Thursday things hopefully will be a bit clearer. Come back and tell us what he/she said as it might be beneficial to join other groups with support and advice.

Try and take your  minds of things and enjoy Mother's day with your two children.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and how you came to find yourself here. Why not take a few moments to update your profile. It's always helpful for us to read if we want to ask you questions and you also won't end up repeating yourself. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) . You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for if or when you have surgery.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett