• 3 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Hello everyone, I’m new here, first time posting. My mum (73) has been diagnosed with stage 4 endometrial cancer which we have been told has spread throughout her ovaries, to her bowels, stomach, omentum and has liver mets too. Peritoneal disease is also present and fluid in abdomen. She’s been offered palliative chemo which she is starting a week today. She is adamant she does not want to know life expectancy. Not really sure what I’m hoping to gain from posting but just feeling like I needed to put it all down. 

• I’m sorry to hear about your mum, this must be a very difficult time.  I don’t have much experience as I am currently on treatment but wanted to welcome you to the group.  The ladies on here are lovely and helpful and there will hopefully be some along who can help you more. X

• Thank you . I hope your treatment is going well. Such a worrying time for everyone x

• The treatment is going well I think, mine managed to spread to 2 lymph nodes in my pelvis.  Had my scan last week and it is stable and there is some shrinkage.  It is a worrying time, I can’t imagine has difficult it must be for you and your mum.  I hope she manages her chemo ok, I am half way through mine and I have found it doable.  My side effects have mainly been pains in my legs and after the last one tiredness. X