New and cross!!!

• 8 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hello I was diagnosed at the end of November and I still don't have a date for my hysterectomy.  The hospital today told me it wouldn't be before the 14th March and even then there are several women in front of me . I feel forgotten and angry! Every one tells me treatment should be started within in 61 days but I'm up to slmost 90 days so far . My family are all worried so I  dont want to rant in front of them.  Really sorry for my rant , I'm normally much more a glass half full person .Thanks for reading and understanding!

• Hi Jakesmum, I feel for you and can appreciate that it’s worrying and stressful for you. When you say you were diagnosed then, do you mean that’s when you got your hysteroscopy results? Have you had an MRI or CT and chest x ray too? I got my hysteroscopy results on 19/11 and my MRI/chest x ray results on 26/11, and had my hysterectomy on 22/1. However, I do know they had a very long waiting list, but a new consultant had just started, plus they started operating on a Saturday to help clear the backlog, and that’s how come I got in then. I imagine that your hospital are doing their best and really hope you get your date soon. What’s your expected grade and stage?

• Hi thanks for replying.  I had hysteroscopy results on29/11 and then had a CT scan on the 30/12 and saw the team in my hospital other 3/1. He said he wanted op done at Glasgow Royal and that hopefully it would be done by the end of January but at the end of February I still don't have a date. I know covid has really impacted our hospitals but if I just had a date think I would deal with it better !

• I really do feel for you. What’s your cancer type, and probable grade/stage? Have you had a pre op assessment yet?

• Hi and a warm welcome to our spot in the Online Community. Obviously different hospital trusts work differently but this does seem a long time to wait but bear in mind ours is a slow growing cancer so don't worry too much. (Easier said than done) Have you told them you'd be happy to accept  cancellation - if this could work for you.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and how you came to find yourself here. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, or a hand to hold. Don't worry about having a rant, we've all done it.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for when you have surgery.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Have you heard any more yet?

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi thanks so much for caring.  I had a robotic hysterectomy on the 10th March and home on the 11th. Recovery going well ( I think!)and will find out a week today what the next steps will be. Take care

• Good to hear you finally were sorted. Hope you continue to make a good gentle recovery, take it easy and don't overdo things. Come back and let us know if you want to discuss when histology results are in.

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

• Hi Jakesmum, pleased for you that you’ve had your op and before the 14th March too! How are you feeling? I’d recommend a 5 minute walk once or even twice a day if you’re up to it as it really does help with physical and mental health. I’m almost 8 weeks post op now and am pretty much back to normal in terms of what I feel comfortable doing, apart from still being careful about lifting.