Consultant appointment

• 5 replies
  • 87 subscribers

Hi everyone,

We have now been called in to see the consultant tomorrow morning and also have a CT scan booked next Mon.

hopeful question - would they call you in for a face to face appt for good news or would it usually be booked because something is up?

Emma and Pauline x

• Hi, I don’t know how it works at the hospital you are at but when I was told I had cancer I had been sent a letter in the post to go in for my biopsy results and when I got there the doctor told me the news and there was a macmillan nurse in with her and they had already booked a  CT scan for the following week.  This doesn’t mean the same for you as different hospitals work differently just thought I would tell you my experience.  I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. X

• Hope all.gpes well at your appointment Bramble65. Sending positive vibes x

• Hi Emma & Pauline

All hospital trusts work to different hymn sheets. Due to Covid restrictions I had to attend all my hospital appointments alone which was hard

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Sorry, pressed enter too quickly - sausage fingers! It's always useful if there's someone else to remind you of what you might miss. You can always record the conversation as long as you ask permission. That way you can play it back when at home and you can pose some questions you didn't ask at the time.

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett