Not what I was expecting

• 2 replies
  • 70 subscribers

Hi, I got my diagnosis on 5th August...womb cancer...that was a shock but also proved I wasn't mad or a hyperchondriac after going to my GP with symptoms since January 2020. From my MRI it was thought to be a 1a so I had my full hysterectomy and hoped that would be it. Last Wednesday I was told it's actually stage 3. 

Got my treatment plan yesterday...6 cycles of chemo followed by 25 sessions of beam radiotherapy then internal radiotherapy to top it off. 

I'd really like and appreciate hearing from anyone that's had/having a similar experience, and any advice for my first chemo.

Thanks Blush 

• Hi and welcome to our corner of the Online Community. Here you'll find a great group of lovely supportive ladies who've all just starting , in the middle of, or at then end of this scary journey. I myself had 3 x Brachytherapy sessions so can't help with the chemo but other ladies here have had the treatment you're down for so hopefully they'll be along soon to chat.

I'm attaching a link to some reading matter Treatment for Womb cancer which you may find useful in the meantime.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thanks for replying.  I'll update my profile with my story so far Blush