Surgeon thin

• 2 replies
  • 85 subscribers

Hello, 

New to this forum and really hoping to connect with some women on here. 

I was recently diagnosed with endometrial cancer, aged 42. As i have been trying to get pregnant the cancer surgeon put me on progesterone hormone treatment. 

They believe I might have some gene mutation which they are testing for. But results wont come for a month. 

Surgeon is convinced I have the gene. But I’m keen to see results. 

Surgeon was lovely and encouraging on my first appointment. Second appointment he began applying pressure for hysterectomy. Third appointment it was intense fear mongering, literally telling me he doesn’t recommend the progesterone, he thinks the whole thing is a bag idea, he thinks the cancer is now in the uterus wall. 

I left the hospital totally distressed. I couldn’t understand why he started out so encouraging and now done a total u-turn. 

He said I will need to get another scan done next week to see if the cancer is in the uterus wall. 

I am absolutely terrified. I don’t know what this means in terms of my hormone treatment. i assume if the cancer is in the wall, i will need hysterectomy. 

I would like to keep my cervix. The surgeon won’t even enter into this conversation with me.

Do anyone know what are the symptoms for cancer in the uterus wall ? I do have cramping and aches in my pelvis so now I’m really wondering….. the surgeons fear mongering now has me convinced. 

Thanks & regards,

Lollie

• hi I replied to your other post. Firstly it’s an awful thing you are going threw sending you virtual hugs. I also had the gene testing but it was negative my advice would be speak to your CNS there a lot more helpful and have more time to awnser your questions xx

• Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. 
    I will speak to the CNS going forward, I don’t think I can deal with my surgeon direct anymore xx