Cancer diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Less than 8 weeks between visit to Gp and having a total hysterectomy on the NHS due to womb cancer. Received the results back yesterday and it had spread into my cervix so waiting now for appointment at Christie’s for brachytherapy. Anxiety levels have started rising again - does this mean I’ve had 2 different types of cancer?

1. Im not sure about this but i would have thought its spread of the womb cancer. It must be quite common to spread to cervix, as when i had my hysterectomy 6 months ago i had my cervix removed too, as did the other women in the ward with me. Best wishes to you, seems like your doctors are on the ball having found it so soon. 
  • Hi . * weeks is supposed to be the norm! When I had my hysterectomy last year I also had a BSO which is removal of Ovaries, fallopian tubes and cervix. Sometimes they only do a hysterectomy. I suppose due to my age, at  the time 67, I was deemed not needing them any more! My tumour was removed but as they'd found some malignant cells in the peritoneal flush I had 3 sessions of Brachytherapy.

If you want any more details just ask. Brachytherapy is painless but undignified. If you type Brachytherapy in the search bar at the top of the page you'll find some threads relating to the treatment.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett