Mri, then cancelled!

• 8 replies
  • 87 subscribers

Yesterday I was telephoned to say I could have my mri scan today at 1.15, which I thought was so quick, and no thinking time. 2 hours later I was telephoned to say the scanner to be used for me had broken, and an engineer was coming, but at the same time of my appointment ! Just my luck! They can’t offer another mri now until next Tuesday, as it’s Bank holiday weekend!, so that will delay the MDT meeting, and obviously I won’t know the extent of what’s to be done, so another week of this feeling of no idea what I’m feeling! Aaaggghhh! - that’s me screaming inside, because that’s just what I want to do!

• I’m so sorry to hear that, how frustrating!! I’d be hopping mad too xx 

• I feel your frustration! I've had my gynae appointments, MRI, CT scan and surgery cancelled/postponed/delayed since diagnosis in May - still waiting for something to happen!  It's becoming expected now, but there is the consolation that this is a very slow growing cancer - or so I've been told and I'm clinging on to that, whilst inwardly screaming along with you! 

• Thanks for your message, it’s just another frustration mixed with everything else! So lovely to have support and people around, thank you love Emmx

• Aw skippyT, I can’t believe your distress! That’s so cruel, I totally agree that we must cling to the knowledge that the cancer is not a fast runner. I really appreciate your reply, it’s a very isolated lonely place in our heads, and to know there are lovely kind people around definitely is a massive comfort. Anytime you need a chat or rant or an inward scream- I’m here , take care of yourself, I send huge hugs, love Emm x

• Hi Emmpea,

I know how you feel.

I was suddenly called up before my operation date to go for a pre med, with the operation a couple of days later. I had no pads, no bag packed. I was in panic mode. As I was at the pre med, they rang to cancel the operation!! My CNS told me that they had an emergency and it was deemed I could wait. I had the operation 2 weeks later. You just have to be prepared for anything! It does nothing for the blood pressure!!! xxxx

• Hi Emm - I feel very strange about the whole thing - as I'm not in any pain or discomfort, just a bit of bleeding each day, I sometimes find I forget I've got cancer, then I remember that I've seen the photos and no-one will insure me to go on holiday with my friends (priorities!)!.  The letter for my next appointment arrived this morning, so we'll see what next Tuesday brings. 

• Aw NannyAnny that sounds an ordeal and a half! It’s the adrenaline & panic that absolutely does me in! I’m so glad you got sorted, and I truly hope you are on the road to being well and healthy, as for blood pressure, well, mine doesnt behave on a good day, so it really feels like it’s going to pop! Thanks so much for your contact, it’s great to speak with you, sending love Emm x

• It really does feel like people are talking about someone else! I know exactly what you mean, I feel like I’ve learned a completely new language in the past 5 days, a new way of life and I’m in a parallel universe to everyone else! I truly hope your appointment goes well next Tuesday, and I will be thinking of you & sending loads of positive hugs to you. Love Emm x