Hello, recently diagnosed

• 1 reply
  • 85 subscribers

Hello, all in this group :) Hoping through joining i can discover a bit about the treatments i am now going to have, and how people are feeling along the journey. A planned hysterectomy discovered unexpected Grade 3 cancer in my uterus. A CT scan has thankfully not found any obvious secondary cancers, but have inflammation/angry looking lymph nodes in back and groin on left side, so now planned in for 6 cycles of chemo, followed by 6 weeks of radiotherapy. Think it's going to be an interesting 6-7 months? I really love sport, and wondering have others who've gone through this managed to maintain some level of sport activity? Appreciate during chemo i will feel rougher the further through treatment I go, so that may limit it, but wondering how other's got on? Also, diagnosis has given me the confidence to go for a slightly kick arse hair style, as have been told my hair will probably go in first cycle, but if it's going to go, it'll be on my terms! Thankyou for any advice xxx

• Hi and welcome to our spot in the Online Community I love your attitude going for a kick arse hair style. When I was first diagnosed, I imagined I'd have chemo etc and planned on getting a long blonde wig and all other colours and styles. I was disappointed not to have it in the end - mind I might've frightened children with the wig LOL!

Reading posts on other groups I can see quite a few manage to maintain pretty normal sporting activities but tiredness and fatigue factor in a lot. Anti-sickness pills are much more effective than yesteryear and I suppose it's also how every individual reacts. If you're fit and active in the first place your body is better equipped to deal with chemo.

I'm sure the ladies here will be along to share experiences soon but in the meantime read through other threads and click on reply if you want to reply to any chats.

I've provided a link to information about Chemotherapy which I hope you find helpful.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett