Endometrial cancer

• 1 reply
  • 85 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

I had keyhole surgery for a hysterectomy and I am currently on my 2nd cycle of chemotherapy. Apart from general discomfort and nausea, it’s going well.  I have great difficulty managing extreme bloating of the abdomen. Does anyone have any advice on relieving the problem? 
Many thanks.

• Hi  and welcome to our spot in the Online Community. Good to hear you're coping well with the chemo despite general discomfort and nausea. I didn't have chemo so unfortunately can't offer any advice so I hope some of the other ladies here can answer your question.

I did look on the Chemotherapy forum but didn't find anything in particular about bloating. It might be a good idea to Ask a Nurse here on the forum but you may need to wait a two or three days for a reply . Otherwise give your CNS a call, I'm sure they'll have some answers.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It's always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett