Surgery imminent

• 4 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hello

I’ve followed the usual pathway, all very efficiently And have hysterectomy booked on 26th July. - one week away.

I’m 61, a nurse teacher, mother of adult ‘children’ and a grandma. My sensible brain knows I’m really lucky - the cancer’s been found early.  I don’t need chemo or radio and life expectancy shouldn’t be affected. 
but I’m getting anxious now it’s closer and I’m feeling the strain of supporting and reassuring everyone. I feel guilty talking about cancer when it’s small, a bit fraudulent. Does this  even make sense? Oh - and I can’t sleep Flushed

• Hi I hope you are ok? Like me your cancer was found early and survey is a cure I also felt like a fraud! But we are not a cancer diagnosis brings a lot of stress worry and sleepless nights. What your feeling is very normal I am now 8 months. Past diagnosis and physically well but my mental health has sufferd more than anything, I wish you all the best on your journey good luck on your op and take every day as it comes if u want to cry then do it or scream the house down just do what ever you want thew this awful time and when your past all this you Will realise how strong  you are.      Best of luck love natalie xxxxx

• Thank you

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. It’s a massive help and means a lot. I can’t seem to shed a tear yet, I wish I could - maybe post op Fingers crossed tone1
    I hope your mental health heals too xxxxx

• Hi and welcome to the club no-one ever wanted to join! But here you'll find some lovely supportive ladies who'll be there for you. Strange the way when we get a shock, such as this, we tiptoe around everyone when it should be us getting support. To be honest it's best to talk about it, you're not fraudulent and if you feel you can't talk to your family then talk to us as we know exactly how you are feeling right now. Probably a bit numb as the "C" word happens to other people, not us.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer I found it invaluable in my journey. 

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thank you for the advice and support. I’ll certainly follow it and join in the chat. Xx