New here

• 8 replies
  • 87 subscribers

Hi all

diagnosed last week with carcinosarcoma and I’m totally in shock. I had post menopausal bleeding back in February, had an unsuccessful hysteroscopy (polyp seen) in March then on 22nd June had a polypectomy which led to my diagnosis. I had no inkling that there was anything serious going on at all. I feel physically well although I do get the odd twinge in my back. I had my CT scan last night and will get my results/treatment plan on Wednesday next week. Absolutely terrified at the thought of it all 

• Hi Katlee,

Sorry you find yourself here. I think most of us here knew nothing was amiss. After two small bleeds I thought I'd somehow caught myself, although deep down I knew what was wrong. Sounds silly, but after 2 miscarriages and a threat with my first pregnancy, I always knew my womb would be trouble! It was a relief to me to be rid of it!! 

I had keyhole surgery, which was fantastic. I only had 3 small holes and healed well. Modern medicine is so much better than it used to be.

I'm sure they will sort you out.xxxx 

• Hi NannyAnny

Thank you for responding. 

Im so glad to hear you’re doing well and things are good for you.

How did you cope with the negative thoughts that I assume swirl through everyone’s mind at this time? Everyone seems to be so positive and upbeat but I can’t seem to get myself there. 
    I can’t wait for my results but at the same time I’m scared in case they are awful. Did you feel like this?

Also has anyone tried CBD oil to help with symptoms/slow growth?

Kate

• Hi  and a warm welcome to our little spot in the Online Community. Believe me, we've all been there, in total shock and disbelief when you hear you have cancer. I was the same, two bouts of Pink spotting on my undies which my bestie nagged I needed to get checked out. Thank goodness she nagged me is all I can say - I didn't think it was worth bothering the doctor.

This can only be what's described as an emotional roller-coaster ride but you're not alone we'll all be here for you to prop you up, hold your hand and answer your questions. 

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer I found it invaluable in my journey. 

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi again Kate () Just noticed your question to I'm not medically qualified but I don't think CBD would be of any benefit. 

We all agree here, waiting for tests to be done and getting the results back is the pits! Yes, we've all had the negative thoughts and lying awake in the dark staring at the ceiling. I'd never joined any social media before this but the support and yes, love, you'll get here is second to none.

Come back and tell us how it goes on Wednesday, 

Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Barb

I think Im just clutching at straws and willing to try anything at this point. I’ve never really taken any sort of medication as I’ve been exceptionally healthy my entire 56 years.

Im not really a social media type person either but I can’t do this alone. I will update when I get my results and hopefully a plan to move forward.

Kate xx

• Hello Katiee, welcome to this forum, where we all know how you’re feeling right know. Believe me, we’ve all been there, the total shock and disbelief, the horror and the worry. I myself was like you, thought I was going to have a polyp removed and didn’t twig when the letter said bring someone with you. This was last July and altho I took my husband he didn’t come in with me as it said on the dept door that  due to the pandemic only patients could enter. Still didn’t twig when the doc said come into this room and we’ll have this nurse with us.. I now understand the term shocked rigid!  I wasn’t too negative simply because I just couldn’t believe it was happening!

But altho you’ve got those awful negative thoughts swirling around your head now, you will feel better once they explain your treatment plan, as you will feel you are moving forward and something is being done. Then it is a case of one step at a time. Get your op over and done with, if you are lucky enough to have keyhole surgery the recovery time is pretty quick, especially if you are otherwise fit and well. Then the horrible wait for results and a plan for further treatment….or maybe no more treatment!  I was grade 1 Stage 1b so I was advised to have three sessions of brachytherapy ( internal radiation treatment) which sounds a bit horrific, but it wasn’t at all like that. I was disappointed at the time that I needed further treatment, but my three sessions were spread out over three weeks and I’m glad I went through with it, as it was a belt and braces  approach to lower the chances of recurrence. I am just coming up to my nine months check up, which will be a telephone consultation, and I am feeling fine.

So hang on in there girl,  it’s not long to wait. This disease is treatable, so try to stay positive, but know that you can deal with it.

Viv

• Hi Viv

Thank you for responding. I’m glad to hear things are going well for you and you are recovering.

I am looking forward to my results/plan but terrified at the same time. I’m pretty sure my surgery won’t be keyhole as I have Grade 3 but not been staged yet, think that will happen on Wednesday too. Trying to remain positive but know it is an aggressive form I have. Just want to get started as I feel that it is rampaging through me with every minute that passes. I know there’s a lot more that can be done now so fingers crossed there’s treatment suitable for me. Kate xx

• Hi Katlee,

I was fortunate in that my husband had been treated for throat cancer about 10 years previously, and I nursed my daughter through breast cancer about 6 years ago. I already knew the sorts of treatment and their effects. They both got through it, and because of their experiences I knew it was imperative to get to the doctors quickly. 

I think I was more in shock when my husband was diagnosed. My grandad had the same disease, and just had an operation. There was no such thing as radiotherapy in those days, and he didn't really have a chance. My husband had an operation (done by laser - only the second person to have this done in our hospital). He had 7 weeks of radiotherapy which was very gruelling, because it affected eating. But, he is still around 14 years later. I think the way medicine has improved in the last 50 years is amazing.

Yes, I was scared. I dreaded the operation, wondering if I would wake up again, as I was 72 at the time!!! I actually asked the surgeon if it was worth it!! She shouted me down. So glad she did, now. You will feel better once you have had the operation. xxxx