New to Group

• 5 replies
  • 86 subscribers

I was diagnosed with womb cancer October 2018-had  4 sessions of chemo which didn’t work -ended April 2019. Oncologist suggested a trial of immunotherapy in London started June 2019 it worked well I have been fine ever since had 35 infusions-still well on tablets only. But I am feeling so upset all the time and I don’t really know why -wondering if this is mind over matter because of change of treatment.

• Hi Monetta,

I don't know anything about immunotherapy, but it must be devastating to have chemo not work, then find out something else does. Being upset may be  reaction to everything you've had. That, plus all this Covid business is enough to make anyone upset. Meanwhile, I'd ask your CNS if the tablets might be affecting you.  Good luck. xxxx 

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community. I'm sorry to read the Chemo was unsuccessful but good to read the Immunotherapy is working well. I think the day we hear we hear the "C" word our lives change forever. I'm much more emotional than I ever used to be and can now cry at the drop of a hat. I'd agree with and have a word with your CNS. The main thing you're feeling well and that's the important thing.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hello NannyAnny thank you for your reply. The infusion drug I was on Pembrolizuma b can cause side effects when treatment stops (just looked it up on Macmillan website) I’ll just take care. I am feeling better today.                                           All the best Blush

1. Hello Mrs B thank you for welcoming me. I have looked up the possible side effects of Pembrolizuma b on Macmillan website there are plenty of them.I’ll just have to take care. Thank you for the tips on navigating the system- still learning.                     All the best  Hugs Hugging 

• Hello Monetta

im sorry you feeling a little low and I do hope you feel much better soon. I agree with NannyAnny - covid has not helped with matters at all.  

My mums dealing with recurrent endometrial cancer and is having her last cycle of chemo next week.  The nasty cells are in her para ortic lymph nodes…. She’s also receiving immunotherapy as part of a trial (we think!) and the drug she’s receiving is Atezolizumab 

I have noticed that she has some day’s when she’s feeling low and I guess it natural to feel this way when you are on this journey   Im making a conscious effort to take her for long walks when she’s up for it…. She’s really enjoys it and I can see a real difference in her mood when she’s out in the fresh air …

do you know how long your trial is for? I think my mums ends in two years and I do wonder what will happen after that …

happy to chat

lots of love xxx HeartHeart️ xx