Operation postponed.

• 3 replies
  • 86 subscribers

I was due to go in for my total hysterectomy next Tuesday. I had my pre op last Wednesday. I got a call from the diabetes nurse who told me that my blood sugar levels are too high for the operation to take place. I've been self isolating since last Tuesday and obviously counting down to the surgery. I am devastated and worried but have to test my blood four times a day and send the results to the nurse on Tuesday morning. If it's come down sufficiently they will re list me asap.

• Hi Deborino, so sorry you’ve had such disappointing news. It’s a blow when you feel you are in “go” mode. Are you type 1 or type 2? All the stress and worry doesn’t help does it.  Hopefully you’ll get this under control and you may find you will only be slightly delayed. You’ll have to be ready to go as soon as you get the call. But I can understand the uncertainty tips you over into more worry. Just keep in mind they will do your op as soon as possible,.

Keep your chin up and work on getting those blood sugars under control, you can do this girl. Sending you a hug,

Viv

• .Hi Viv, I'm type 2 diabetic and also have non alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver and the two diets really don't work together. The diabetes nurse will look at my numbers on Tuesday and if they're low enough they'll list me very quickly. I'm cutting out carbs and have already seen a decrease in my blood sugar levels. It's amazing how motivated you can be when cancer is hanging over you. The hug is much appreciated. Deb

• Hi . I took a day off today, came home read your post and really felt disappointed for you. You get yourself all hyped up and ready to go and something like this happens - I'm so sorry, hopefully you'll get those sugars under control and go for it. We're all rooting for you.

Big hugs your way, Barb xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett