Womb cancer diagnosis

• 12 replies
  • 77 subscribers

Hello everyone 

I was told yesterday by my consultant that my womb biopsies had come back positive for cancer.

I now have to wait while a team of doctors discuss my case today. Everything has happened so quickly and I feel devastated that I have cancer and whether I have a future. I am terrified that it might have spread and that my treatment options may be limited. I have 2 pugs that I will need to get fostered while I have treatment which is a worry. I was originally told last Oct when I had my first scan that it was probably fibroids so I was just put on a non urgent waiting list for a gynaecology appointment. I'm so worried about all the time that has elapsed from last October to now in getting a diagnosis. 

• Hello Burcobertie.  I have just noticed that you live alone. Have a look at my post (a few minutes ago) in reply to Justmeoap in the message thread "Having robotic op".  It might be useful to you too regarding what you will need help with after surgery. I was terribly nervous before my operation. When I was just outside the operating theatre I had to fight a very strong urge to jump off the trolley and run away (which now sounds like something from a carry-on movie) but I was very quickly under anaesthetic then all of a sudden it was all done and I was waking up, feeling like myself again although somewhat battered and bruised, and the lovely staff in the recovery area were being super-nice to me.

• Hi LittleRunner

I have just read your reply and the one you made to the other lady.

Your information is really useful thank you. I live alone and I am very independent but I will accept help if it will help me recover more quickly. 

I have family close by so for things like shopping I should be fine. I'm trying to take one day at a time and keep positive. I'm sure the Drs  and nursing  staff will look after me but the thought of surgery makes me feel so anxious. 

Fingers crossed for some positive news tomorrow Fingers crossed