Newly diagnosed and awaiting surgery

• 2 replies
  • 84 subscribers

Hi All

I cannot tell you how much encouragement I have got from reading your posts already.

I have just received my diagnosis and they are still checking all of the scans to see what stage it is and I now have a mirena coil in place to balance the oestrogen.

So far: Grade 2 Endomentrioid Adeno carcinoma(Type 1), Stage 1b and waiting for another radiologist to consult on the scan as there is a thinning of the uterus at the front.  Then I can wait for the surgery date. They are offering laparoscopic surgery which is fabulous considering I am overweight.  Lots of risk factors including PCOS, weight, unopposed oestrogen given by the doctor for 2.5 years by mistake as well as auto-immunise disorders. I am very blessed to be still functioning and that they have caught it so early.

As I live alone with a puppy and a grown dog I can say that I am worried about how I will cope after this.  The children are all offering to come and stay and work from here in turns so that I am cared for in the initial period, which is so lovely of them, 

Meant to be writing essays and dissertation but my head is busy worrying about how I am going to get "everything" done before the operation...anyone else like this?

Trying to keep active and cheerful, but it is more dark humour than light humour right now. ;-)

• Hello again @Tonia15. Great you're having laparoscopic surgery, recovery is much quicker. Most of us who were in the position you are now went through a total frenzy of cleaning of kitchen cupboards, Batch freezer cooking and buying Brigit Jones big knickers!!

If you continue to look back over the posts you'll see what to take in your overnight bag. Great you'll have family helping out, looking after the pup could be hard!! My hubby took both our dogs for a couple of weeks. I was up to taking my aged Jack for a short walk then. I think recovery was quicker due to my determination to be able to walk one of my dogs again! Couldn't cope with our 45kgs deerhound though!! 

I took it easy, not lifting, bending and got away without hoovering for a good few weeks! Keep your chin up, you'll find plenty of light and dark humour here. We're all here for each other during the bad and good days offering support and virtual hugs.

Sending hugs, Barb xxHugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

•  Thank you Barb

So good to have this normalised.  I have been emptying cupboards, cancelling holidays, servicing the boiler and trying to iron all the sheets (don't laugh, it is my go to stress beating activity).

I will check for overnight bag lists and I already have the big knickers.

My dogs are just cocker spaniels, not big deer hounds (HOW on earth did you manage that?), but they are active and love a good romp in the woods, so it is good to hear that I will be up and taking them out again soon. I will miss my walks.

xx