Early days

• 4 replies
  • 86 subscribers

I have non alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver and am unable take painkillers as everything is processed through the liver. Last week I had horrendous pain in my back, stomach and radiating into my hip and groin. I spoke to my gp who said that as I have previously had pancreatitis I should attend A&E. I was told it was probably a kidney stone, given codeine and told to return if things got worse. The next day I gave in and went back. I finally had a CT  scan at 2am as they were thinking appendicitis. The CT showed a mass on my uterus and I was transferred to gynae. I had an internal ultrasound which confirmed the mass as did an internal examination. I had a biopsy yesterday and will have an MRI within 2weeks by which time the biopsy results will be back. The consultant is saying it's either endometrial cancer or a fibroid growing through the uterus.

I am so scared.

• Hi Deborino,

Sorry you find yourself here. I had no pain, just a small bleed, but still had endometrial cancer. I was 72 when I had a hysterectomy by keyhole surgery.

There was a lady in my ward at the hospital who had been admitted as an emergency. She had a non cancerous growth the size of an iceberg lettuce in her womb, so anything can happen. Hope they sort you out soon. xxx

• Thanks for your reply. In I'm 61 and finished my menopause aged 43. When I was 50 I suddenly started bleeding really heavily. I had an internal ultrasound which showed no thickening but lots of fibroids. I had no further problems or treatment. This has come as a bolt from the blue.

• Hi,

I had a fibroid in there that I knew nothing about!! Apparently they shrink after the menopause.  xxx

• Hi  and welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. Here you'll find a lovely group of supportive ladies who have all been exactly where you are now. A possibility of cancer diagnosis brings all sorts of stress and fears and if anyone can hold your hand and reassure you we will. We're all at the start, in the middle or the end of what can only be described as a roller-coaster ride. The ride no-one wants to get on.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer I found it invaluable in my journey. 

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx  

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett