Endometrial cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Well

im almost a week post surgery 

it’s been dam hard going one way or another but I’m pleased to announce that the fog is lifting... I’ve been for lots of Pooo’s thank the Lord and I’m starting to feel like my normal self bar a tender tummy... 

I didn’t think I was ever going to feel like myself again. 
mom even thinking how long before I can get the girls round and have a few nibbles and laughs.. maybe a few more weeks when the weather is better 

today’s a good day Pray tone2ClapClapClapHeart

• Hi Mac H,

Glad you are feeling better. You have got to remember its a big operation and takes time to get over it. My consultant said 3 months to return to normal fitness, and I thought that about right. I found laughing hurt initially, so I would wait a bit!!!!   xxx

• Three months for me was about right too but it’s not long considering the big op xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to NannyAnny

I hear you ref the laughing... plus side I can actually see me doing it again ASAP.. last week.. felt like I was destined to be a miserable moans pain in the ass for ever lol 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to NannyAnny

I hear you ref the laughing... plus side I can actually see me doing it again ASAP.. last week.. felt like I was destined to be a miserable moans pain in the ass for ever lol 

• Hi . Great to know you're on the up. Amazing what a difference a full evacuation makes!

Tummy will be tender for a while yet so take it easy, no bending nor heavy lifting. I managed to get away with not hoovering for quite a few months until I was sussed!

I'd forgotten how laughter could be painful. I had to put off watching my favourite programme "Would I lie to you" for weeks. Whenever Bob Mortimer is one of Lee Mack's guests he only has to utter a word & I'm in fits. 

Keep on healing, you're getting there!

Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett