Hello

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 87 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I'm new here--just diagnosed yesterday and to tell you the truth I don't think it has really sunk in yet. I kept myself busy today and now that it is quiet my thoughts are starting to dart around in my mind. Wondering if I should be more scared about this...worried that I should be more worried. Finding it hard to say it out loud. 

Thinking of all of you and hope you are doing well today,

Supercub Yellow heart

• Hi Supercub,

I was diagnosed last week and it doesn’t feel real at all. I was in and out of hospital from Wednesday with CT and MRI scans so that the multidisciplinary team had all my notes and scans for their meeting yesterday. I’m just waiting to hear about the course of treatment. 

I can honestly say my levels of worry have been up and down for the last week. Your reaction in my opinion is natural and until you know more I think you feel like this 

x

• Hi Supercub and FaithinAction,

Sorry you both find yourselves here, but it is a great source of useful information and tips. I had my hysterectomy nearly 4 years ago. I can still remember my first visit to the doctor, when he put his arm round me and said he was sorry. My reaction was 'lets  wait for test results, then see'. I didn't believe I had cancer until we got the results of the biopsy, proving the fact!!!

So, I'd say your reaction is quite normal. I had keyhole surgery, which is a marvellous invention, and the whole experience was not as bad as I had expected. Keep in touch. I'm sure others will be along soon. xxxx

• Hi &  and a warm welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. Here you'll find a lovely group of supportive ladies who have all been exactly where you are now. A possibility of cancer diagnosis brings all sorts of stress and fears and if anyone can hold your hand and reassure you we will. We're all at the start, in the middle or the end of what can only be described as a roller-coaster ride. The ride no-one wants to get on.

We've all experienced the same disbelief, calm and panic you're both going through and we know exactly what you're going through.

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journeys so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time and if you're not sure what you should write have a quick look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer I found it invaluable in my journey. 

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FaithInAction

Hi FaithInAction,

My team is meeting Monday so it seems we are somewhat in sync. I had my MRI on Tuesday, the day before I was told I had cancer. I had no idea why I was having an MRI—never talked to anyone beforehand. I didn’t know what contrast was until after it had been pumped through my body—no one told me about that, either. It was all so surreal. When I met with the doctor the next day, she told me that she would have to schedule an MRI to find out what Stage—she had no idea I had just had one! She told me she had received an email that it had been cancelled—so strange. Anyway, I have found out that I am Stage 1A—a bit of good news. I am still in la la land. Hope you get good news from your team.

Can you feel it? I can.

-Supercub

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to NannyAnny

Hi NannyAnny,

I, too, am NOT OLD!!! Xo

I am just in awe of keyhole surgery (and a bit grossed out). Wondering...did you have radiation after your hysterectomy? 

Love your spirit,

Supercub

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MrsBJH

Thanks, MrsBJH!

Hope all is well,

Supercub

• Hi Supercub,

I consider myself lucky in that I was 1A, and only needed a hysterectomy. I only had 3 small holes to heal up, which didn't take long. My biggest problem afterwards was my bladder. It didn't take very kindly to being pushed around, and refused to work properly for about a week!!! Most women on here don't seem to have that problem.

If you are pre menopause, you will have menopausal symptoms afterwards to deal with. As I was well past all that I only had the operation to deal with. xxxxx