Hello. My nickname is Gloo

• 2 replies
  • 87 subscribers

Hello. My name's Gloo (nickname) I have had the surgery to remove womb, nodes etc. Chemo has caused/worsened all sorts of physical issues but combined with emotional upheaval I am left feeling unable to cope.  I have spoken to a therapist and am waiting for follow up  but that's in a week. The days are so long but the nightst are worse.  How do we get through this??? Wjat are the guarantees?

• Hi  and welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. Here you'll find a lovely group of supportive ladies who have all been exactly where you are now. A cancer diagnosis brings all sorts of stress and fears and if anyone can hold your hand and reassure you we will. We're all at the start, in the middle or the end of what can only be described as a roller-coaster ride. The ride no-one wants to get on.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also help if you take a look at the Emotional Issues forum, that might give you some answers.

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time and if you're not sure what you should write have a quick look at mine by clicking on my username.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer I found it invaluable in my journey. 

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Gloo,

Welcome! You have gone through so much from diagnosis to surgery results and now chemo. It is tough physically and mentally, too much for all of us.

I had surgery a year ago today, fortunately I didn’t need any other treatment. For the first 6 months the physical recovery and getting back to work dominated. In June I did the on line MacMillan HOPE course which really helped especially with the cancer related fatigue and getting back into a better sleeping pattern. I was feeling much better. End of September I went away to Corfu for a weeks holiday, and found myself in a really low and dark place. I rang the Macmillan helpline, had some counselling which I found really helpful. Middle of the night I would ring Samaritans, always there and a great listening ear.

To answer your question on how we get through this, I guess for me it was getting support in place from all over the place, taking it a day at a time and connecting here.

We are all here to get through this together, so glad you found us.

Sending you all good wishes and a big virtual hug Hugging 

Honey Two hearts