New here

• 12 replies
  • 90 subscribers

Hello. Just found out that I have endometrial cancer. I have yet to be officially told by gynae but I am under another consultant for a different condition and she told me. I see the gynae consultant this week. Only symptoms I have had is some slight spotting the past couple of months so I was really shocked when I heard. I am assuming I will need to have a hysterectomy and am wondering what kind of waiting time there might be before I have it done. Thanks.

• Hi, I was told the results of my biopsy on 4th January and had my hysterectomy on 25th January, but I think it depends on where you are and how the Covid situation is at the moment.

• Hi results of biopsy on 2nd November surgey on 30th xxx

• Good luck on your journey xx

• My cns did tell me from diagnosis to surgey is a 4 week pathway but with covid could be longer x

• Thank you. I guess I will find out more at my appointment this week. I’m not quite sure what to expect. I had an ultrasound and biopsy last week so don’t know if there will be any more scans or examinations. I was pretty shocked by the biopsy result, it’s not really sunk in yet.

• Hi it is a really big shock ermm u will prob have a MRI and maybe a ct scan too good Luck x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello, I got the diagnosis on 16th September and had my hysterectomy on 12th October. Yes it is a bit to take in.  My signs were slight bleeding over a few days (as I'm in my 60s this was unusual). Hope things go as well as they can on your journey. x

• Hi, I had the results of hysteroscopy on 23 September and underwent total hysterectomy on 28 October. It all began with slight spotting back in July. I was a day surgery patient, arriving hospital at 7.30am and home by 9pm same night (seems not to be usual though as most folk here have spent at least one night on the ward). Hope you don't have long to wait, Dx

• Hello Welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. You'll already have found what a great group of supportive ladies are here to offer advice, listen to your worries or just send a hug.

If you've had your ultrasound and biopsies, next step is generally MRI and CT. If you have a laparoscopic (keyhole) hysterectomy recovery is really quick. Whatever they find in what they take out will determine if you need more treatment. A lot of ladies on here recently have had a hysterectomy and need no more treatment. Nevertheless it's a huge shock to be told you have cancer. No-one in my family had ever had any type of cancer. I also consulted my GP after a couple of days of light spotting just after 67th birthday. 

I found the Macmillan Guide Understanding Endometrial (Womb) Cancer booklet was invaluable in my journey - you can download it here Womb cancer booklet.

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time and if you're not sure what you should write have a quick look at mine by clicking on my username.

Good luck with your gynae consultation this week, let us know how it went.

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett