19mm womb thickness, bleeding and tamoxifen.

• 1 reply
  • 86 subscribers

Hi ladies. Had my consultant appt.today after my ultrasound showed a 19.4mm thickness after I replaced post menopausal bleeding. I've been on tamoxifen for 3 years. I have a hysteroscopy booked for tuesday. Anyone on here had a benign biopsy with the same combo of symptoms?

• Hello , welcome,

I have never taken Tamoxifen so on that part i really unsure however it’s possible one of the other ladies may know. With regards to any post menopausal bleeding they should always check as a routine, whether it’s due to the drug or not and is being checked out as it’s possible for other very benign reasons for the bleeding. I bet Tuesday can’t come soon enough the waiting is always difficult because we hate unknowns and our minds tend to go though all kinds of thoughts. So fingers crossed for Tuesday, and hopefully someone will come along soon who may have that experience. For me i was diagnosed with womb cancer at 37 amd being pre menopause it was complicated as i had fibroids as well but in the end it was low stage which was great, so i send my best wishes for you too.

sending you a gentle bear hug Bear 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies