New Diagnosis

• 48 replies
  • 99 subscribers

Hello there, 

I’ve only recently been diagnosed with endometrial cancer. I’ve had a scan, hysteroscopy, MRI, chest X-ray and I’m waiting for a surgery date. Very anxious time waiting! I’d love to connect with people on the same journey. Very pleased to have discovered this place.

I hope you can enjoy your holiday season wherever you are on your own journey.

JWO

• Welcome to our little support network. 
    I’m now 24 days post op, but can still remember my diagnosis day, I remember the anxiety & emotions (still emotional now) and trying not to show it to protect my loved ones. It’ll be a rollercoaster ride but we’re here every step of the way for you.

take care, stay safe & sending hugs your way for a calm & peaceful Christmas time x

• Hi

welcome to our little corner of the community although very sorry you had to join us, we have all been where you are now, diagnosis was a lot to take in I remember being in complete shock but also angry i had been messed about and ignored that something was wrong, we know our own bodies but that's a big story in itself. It will be a rollercoaster ride for sure but all the ladies here will be with you every step of the way, feel free to ask questions everyone will answer as best they can based on their own experiences. Lots of people here different stages and treatment so there is a wealth of knowledge. Plus lots of virtual hugs to go around, the hardest part of all this is the waiting, we will all agree waiting is the pits.

i know this is a Christmas present you certainly don’t want but I do hope you can enjoy the day and relax in the knowledge your not alone.

sending you a big bear hug Bear 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Thank you! It’s so good to find this support. Have a peaceful Christmas Green heartBlush

JWO Green heart

• Thanks GBear. The support is very welcome. Hugs back to you and have a peaceful Christmas Green heartBlush

JWO Green heart

• Hi JWO, 

welcome to our corner of the community. I was diagnosed last March just before the first lockdown. It was a very anxious time for me not knowing if I would get surgery done as all routine procedures were being cancelled. Even when I got to the hospital I didn’t know if the operation would go ahead. I was on the last operating list. My consultant fought to do the operation keyhole as the hospital was concerned about the risk of aerosole contamination due to the gas used for keyhole surgery.

The operation and recovery were uneventful and I went back to work 8 weeks later. It took quite a few months till I felt fully recovered, I experienced significant cancer related fatigue. 

I am glad that you have joined us, I have found it a comforting and supportive place to be.

I hope you get your operation date soon.

all the very best.

Honey Two hearts

• Thanks Honey. Wow, you must have really gone through it in March! It is so worrying not knowing if the pandemic will affect the treatment. I have nightmares about the surgeon getting sick, the surgery being cancelled at the last minute. Well, it sounds like you have been right there. As if the diagnosis is not enough, we have to deal with Covid 19 and now Christmas to slow everything down. If I only had a date ... I’m trying to be patient and pacing myself. I’m glad to hear your surgery and recovery were ‘uneventful’. That’s reassuring for me too. Thanks again for your reply. I feel I have come to the right place. Love - JWO Green heart

JWO Green heart

• Hi there,

I hope you are enjoying Christmas as best you can. I had a radical hysterectomy on 10th November and I’m recovering well (slowly but surely due to extreme tiredness.)

Hope everything goes as planned for you.

sending hugs Hugging Lyn x

• Thanks a lot Ambition/ Lyn. I’ve had a very quiet and pleasant Christmas with the only person I am seeing at the moment.  Good to connect. I see quite a few people on here mentioning the tiredness so I guess that’s quite common. I hope you continue to improve steadily. 

JWO Green heart

• Hey there, hope.youre feeling ok. I'm 3 years in remission from breast cancer and my uterine wall is too thick..I have a biopsy booked for next tuesday. Can you remember the thickness of.your uterus at the time of diagnosis?

• Hi Rubens mum. Sorry to hear you’re having more issues. The nurse at my scan said my uterus looked ‘pretty solid’ and it turned out to be 44mm. Good luck with your biopsy. Are you having the quick suction one or an actual hysteroscopy? Either way, I hope it goes smoothly and you get the results quickly. It’s a worrying time, isn’t it. Keep us posted. Kissing heart

JWO Green heart