Had hysteroscopy yesterday - awaiting pathology but got some answers

• 8 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Hi all,

I am nearly 53 and post menopausal. had 10 days of bleeding in Feb. then a few weeks later in March had bad cramping and pelvic/hip pain.

saw GP 5th March, took 2 weeks to get a face to face appontment.

Received private referral 7th March

1st appointment with Consultant Gynaecologist Oncologist 14th March

Trans vaginal and abdominal ultrasound 18th March

Hysteroscopy & polypectomy on 6th April under general anaesthetic.

Consultant stated 2 polyps on cervix which he removed, took biopsies from cervix and part of uterus. However, he said he good not get all the way up in the uterus due to scarring. He was unable to explain the scarring as I have never had any trauma or surgery to that part and had 2 normal births. So now the waiting game begins. Results hopefully be back from the lab in a couple of weeks.

Just wondered if anyone has had scarring for no apparent reason like me or the same results like me and what was the final diagnosis?

trying to remain optimistic

• I have no medical training so all I can offer are suggestions. Have you had painful menses in the past maybe undiagnosed endometriosis? As I said I’m just suggesting if your doctor had no answers I’m not sure where you go from there Thinking

• Hi, yes very painful in deed but never went to a doctor as thought it was just one of those things you go through as a female. Hopefully once he has spoken to the ultrasound chap they will have a better idea. 

• Glad they are on the case let us know what they find Thumbsup

• will do, glad you are doing well and wish you well with your treatment journey 

• Hi  

I'm not sure I can help much with the scarring issue. But I'm sure you'll get some answers soon.

I had scarring and adhesions from previous abdominal surgeries. But as you say you've had two normal deliveries. 

Wishing you all the best with your results. I know how tough the waiting around is. 

Kxx

• Hi, sorry not answering your question but just after a bit of advice. I'm booked for a Hysteroscopy and polypectomy under general anaesthetic on 7th May. Can I ask how you felt afterwards? I've never had a general or an operation before. I'm wondering if I will be ok for a long awaited theatre visit by 10th? I know I have much more to worry about but in view of what may come, I'd really love to go! 

• Hi, I arrived at hospital at 7.30 am, I was the 2nd in the list but did not go down until around 1.30pm. I left to go home around 7pm. I would have gone home sooner but my blood pressure was low.

I did not feel too bad the next day but the following couple of days I have cramping and a bit of bleeding. Everyone is of course different but so certainly did not feel up to going out. Mine was on a Saturday and I had Mon-Wednesday off work. 

I do understand about not wanting to miss out on some fun. I have my appointment next Thursday to get my histology results and decided to have a day out in London today as wanted to get one last nice weekend in before hearing any possible bad news.

Sorry this does not really help. Hopefully you won’t be too bad afterwards. 

• Thank you so much for the reply. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm glad you had a day out today and wish you all the very best for your appointment on Thursday. Xx