Three Good Things

• 769 replies
  • 78 subscribers

I thought that it would good for us to have a regular place to share the positive things, however small, in our lives. Whenever you all share positive tales, I know that I for one feel better, so I thought it might benefit others too. So, if you need a little reminder that joy can be found even on the darkest days, this is the place.

The rule is simply to list three good things that you have experienced, or will experience, today. The idea is to focus on the present rather than worrying about the future or dwelling on negative thoughts. If you are struggling through something hard remembering what you have that is good can really support you. Everyone is different, and there is no wrong answer, and nothing too insignificant to mention. Everything positive counts!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Philleepa, re your request for the recipe, or at least what I made today from memory-

One 397g tin condense milk, 

One CUP whiskey, 

Two level desert spoons of cocoa powder 

Half cup of cold coffee, (no milk or sugar)

One cup of cold strained  tea (no milk or sugar)

Put all the ingredient into a jug (best if it has measurement marks on it) stir well

Pour into the bottle, store in the fridge. 

I use Bournville cocoa,  the mix makes about one and half pints. I can’t  advise on how long it will keep fresh, but

I chill the bottle in the fridge before filling, and we use it for a Christmas drink,  so it soon goes.

I will toast everyones good health and happiness at 7pm on Christmas day, Best wishes and love Janet

• FormerMember

Yummy x thank you 

• FormerMember

Three good thigs for today, I am off work with a rubbish virus and really want to be well after last Christmas but the good things are

I had time to come on here and touch base with all of you, 

I sat and watched Secret Garden on TV, 

A colleague came and ate her lunch here and we had a good natter. 

(Also shopping delivered and everything was there!!) 

Happy Christmas all. 

Sha. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My three things for today

1)  Treated myself to  a box of chocolates ,

2) Spoke on the phone to my auntie in Lancashire  .

3)  Got my silly santa hat  on ha ha

• FormerMember

Hi Lisbet,

I just wont to say how much I enjoyed reading your post if I may, I can relate to what you say about the dogs, sadly my last grey to went  to doggie heaven last year and I could talk to him for ages . Your post brought back some lovely memories of my greyhounds thank you.

Merry Christmas and a peaceful  New Year to you

Elaine xxxxx

• FormerMember

I am just sitting quietly admiring my Christmas tree and congratulating myself on completing my shopping.

Had a 7 hour round trip to pick up my 84 year old mum and 86 year old dad they are now tucked up in bed and are so happy to be here.

Tomorrow we are all of to Whitby for a family lunch of the famous Whitby fish and chips. 10 of us are going in total and this will be the start of our festivities.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone

Lesley  x

• FormerMember

Have a great time in whitby i love the chip shop so i will be thinking of you enjoying the best fish in the country

My hubby had to do the shopping today bless him 2 trips into town because the first trip his bag got heavy lol welcome to the real world just as well i done most of it before i went to hospital last week have a great christmas

Heather xx

• FormerMember

Hello all,

I've just finished reading through all of your posts - this Three Good Things is such a wonderful idea! We think it's that good we've set the topic as part of our Featured Content column:

Hopefully this will encourage others to join in over the Christmas break.

Please keep going with your own contributions! If reading them makes us happy, it'll certainly be doing the same for many others.

Best wishes to everyone,

• Hey Ho!! The sun is shining ,so went off to finish grocery shopping.

Walked along the sea front again,breezy but invigorating.

Stopped off for coffee & a naughty chocolate brownie..

Relax enjoy the Festive season everyonexx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Three  Good  Things

Well here is my three good things that  I have done today

1) Got myself three dvds  to watch Polar express, Scrooge and  a   Christmas Foal.

2) Enjoyed walking round shops 

3) Got some window stickers for my back  door.