Vulva cancer

• 76 replies
  • 28 subscribers
  1. Hi all new here just wanted to come and say hello.
  2. i just wanted to ask a question really I’ve been diagnosed with vulva cancer 6th dec but feel I shudnt be diagnosed at all if the docs had done more and maybe it cud have been prevented if there is anyone that can help me I’d be happy 
  3. I think wat im looking for is how soon where u smeared again after the first hpv high risk factor if this is the cause of the vulva cancer?
  4. can anyone enlighten me how the recovery is after getting the some or all of the vulva removed? I know plastics will b joining but I’ve not been told much tbh I think the docs cud have giving more 
  • Also another tip, when you've had a wash down below dry it with a warm hairdryer, works a treat lol

• Hello Scottybear

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis and can sympathise with all that you say.

I was diagnosed with Vulva cancer and had a radical vulvectomy and removal of lymph nodes left and right groins and clitoris in June.  My recovery pain was far better than all the pain I had when sitting, walking, laying down and peeing before my operation.  Yes it was uncomfortable but it did get easier, firstly with paracetamol and also sitting on cushions.  I still sit on cushions when on a hard chair.

All the cancer was removed and, fortunately, didn’t need any further treatment, but have to have regular checkups for 5 years, currently every three months.

My main worries were how to keep clean after bowel movements etc.  I was advised by someone here to get a peri bottle, from Amazon and also got some soft cotton disposables tissues too.  I couldn’t have managed without them and still use them in between showers.  They are priceless to me.

I hope I have managed to allay some of your concerns but please just ask if you want to ask anything else.  This community is wonderful.

• Aww yeh defo know how a baby feels sometimes it actually feels as tho I’ve got thread worms all the time I’ll defo try suda crème and ill look into getting a memory foam pillow thanks xx

• Oh I’m so sorry to hear of this I hope ur healing well but yes like u I struggle with sitting standing lying walking for long periods of time and the burning sensation for peeing too bowel movements aren’t too badly at the min but I am worried for all of that after the op. 
    if u don’t mind me asking how do u get on having a sex life? Or even just a sexual relationship I’m so paranoid that with having hpv to start of with that this is the main cause of having a relationship and I’m worried it’s gonna cause a massive strain on me I feel rather dirty at the min cause it’s been passed on sexually I’m emotionally and physically drained all I do is sleep I have very little energy but I will defo take on board with the cottons disposables and a peri bottle thank u for that xx

• Can u recommend the soft cotton disposable wipes? Xx

• I've just ordered a peri bottle and cotton disposables, arriving tomorrow,  the only time I get relief is to have a wee in the shower with water running all the time so a peri bottle will be better if I'm visiting family or friends,  it's not like a need a wee so I'm going to stand under your shower lol

I think more needs to done to bring this cancer of the vulva to light has I'd never heard of it before xx

• Aww I’m the same I prefer a bath and can sit in it for hours with just topping up cause that defo helps but running after 6 kids is a struggle to do much but they are defo helping more and yes I’ve just ordered some too they come tomorrow but I’ll use them after my op and hope for the best my mum works in the hospital so she’s been getting some water wipes to bring home hopeful they will help too I’ve noticed on Amazon u can get cool packs for ur underwear specially for that area it’s amazing all these things I’m wondering if this wud maybe help too? Xx

• I put a face cloth in freezer to try but didn't like it  lol.

Tge day you go for surgery is tge 1st day of 6 weeks of chemo and radiotherapy,  

To be truthful I don't know how you do it looking after 6 children, all mine have grown up with children over 18, lol

• To be honest it’s a doddle cause they’re at the age they can fend for themselves sometimes 11 yrs to 18 aww good luck fingers crossed all goes well and u don’t end up sick with the chemo and radio xx

• I've had the most horrendous week started Monday evening with a bad  stomach bug,  ended up at drs on Wednesday having injections,  yesterday and today feeling a little better, even with the chemo and radiotherapy it can't be has bad ,has what I've had, thought I was dying,  so bring it on so I can get on with my life xxxx