Just diagnosed Vin 3

• 6 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi, I just got diagnosed Vin 3 and my appointment to discuss treatment isn't till Jan 29 - I had the biopsy 5 weeks ago. This seems like a very long time, and the treatments look very scary.

• Hi  and welcome to the group.

Time does seem to stretch while we’re waiting for things to happen, and it can be difficult to be patient while we are anxious about the wait.

The waits are not unusual, especially at this time of year, so try not to focus too much on worrying about them. I’m not sure what treatment you’ll be having, but ladies have posted about their experiences of being treated for VIN3 within the group, so it might be useful to have a look through those posts. If you go to the little magnifying glass at the top of the page, this is the search function where you can type in “VIN 3” and it will bring up the posts where this is discussed.

Any kind of treatment can look scary at first, especially in this area of your body, but most people find things get easier once treatment is decided and started. I know I felt more in control once I knew what was happening, although I had cervical cancer, not VIN3. 

I just noticed you hadn’t had a reply, so wanted you to know your post had been seen, and to welcome you to the community. Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you Sarah,

So good not to feel alone cx

• hi, just came across your post, and wondered how you had got on with your meeting with the consultant and if you had had treatment. Ive just been diagnosed with vin 3 also and agree the treatment does look very scary. my consultation is 4 april.

• Consultant said my situation complex as I have Vin3 from HPV and also have Lichen Sclerosis which can cause DVin. I'm taking AHCC to try to get rid of the HPV and am having 'mapping biopsies' soon to see which I have where and a treatment plan can be worked out. Hope things are simpler for you. It's better once things begin moving and you will gradually get your head round it. Good  luck Xxx

• Oh gosh I’m sorry things are complex, what are mapping biopsies if u don’t mind me asking x

• Hi I was diagnosed with vin3 with lichen sclerosis I had surgery yesterday for excision of vulval lesion. I am now home and really pleased with how it went. I bled for a while but that has stopped just wear a light pad. After I have a wee I use a douche bottle to stay clean and use dry wipes. 
    feel a little uncomfortable but no worse than after childbirth stitches. 
    waiting for histology and hope all is ok with it. Overall it was not as bad as I expected.