Vulvar melanoma

• 2 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Last year I knew something was wrong in my vulvar/labia area. I had discomfort of a sort. Saw three medical persons. Nothing. Persevered-  thanking God- found new gyno who saw something, took two bxs and called two days later. Melanoma. I was immediately connected to top surgeon and radiation therapist. My tests and scans have been negative since- again I am thanking God. 
after little over a year after radical vulvarectomy and five weeks of radiation I am feeling good. 
I know this is rare but how rare? Anyone else dealing with this?   My sec life is pretty much shot but I guess it’s small price to pay for such a serious issue.  Thank you for allowing me to join. 

• Hi

I had a radical vulvectomy and my lymph nodes removed earlier this year. I also had 5 weeks of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. I think it's a pretty rare cancer.

Feel free to message if you want to talk. Xx

• Hi,

I'm 32 and have just recently been diagnosed with melanoma on my vulva and had 2 lumps removed for biopsy after being given the run around for herpes treatment and gential warts. 

I'm waiting for pet ct scans to confirm if it has reached my lymph nodes but currently they are saying its stage 2b. When I've asked about treatment success rates etc they just tell me it's extremely rare especially at my age, which makes me nervous and fear the worst. 

Im really sorry to hear you have been through this already but interested to see what others experiences have been. X